Monday, December 8, 2008

Go Tanner, its your birthday....





The partying continues here-this time celebrating for Tanner. He's officially 7,(going on 17 in his mind I think)and we braved another crowd of boys for a robot party here. I noticed some differences between these two parties, that are somewhat note able.

#1-With Carsen's party, we had 11 children and 1 pizza
Tanner's party hosted 9 children and 3 pizzas plus 1 pack of bread sticks
(an ominous sign of appetites yet to come)

#2-With Carsen's party, the children were enthralled with the movie,and watched intently most of the time
During Tanner's party, the movie was interesting for about 30 minutes, and then they proceeded straight to wrestling, chasing, potty jokes farting humor and blowing boogers. nice.

Evidently there is alot of changes our sweet boys go through in these two years between 5 and 7. Not to mention the things they learn once they're in school. Of course we can't diminish the male factor-when they are together, the humor and jokes all head down the same road....and various ages.

Regardless-we love our boys, and can't believe our little Tanner is growing so fast. He is the best helper, he loves his little sister, and still loves to play with Carsen when he gets home from school. He just told me the other day, "I love Kndergarden, it was SO easy." Fist grade is more challanging for him, but he loves math, and is just catching on to how fun reading can be. We love you Tanner-but STOP GROWING!!!

4 comments:

Jayne Ekins said...

Shelly, did you make that cake?!? Wow, impressive. Way to go Mom!

Lyf2.0 said...

Farting jokes! Next year I am SOOO there!

Gina said...

Seriously. Dane saw that cake and said, "mom, you totally couldn't do that." Thanks Shelly. Thanks a million. I am sad to see Tanner grow up. He reminds me that Anna is gettin big too. We need to work on a pickling recipe, PRONTO!

andrea said...

No pickling for these kids. Just remember...............every age has it cuteness and dearness. Cuz why? Cuz you are the momma. I still look at my boys and just think they are the cutest.