On Friday morning, the boys were playing so well, I didn't want to disturb them, but I caught them in the cubby, building with their Legos and chatting-about their favorite colors, favorite Star Wars people, etc., like little men. It reminded me of Jeremy chatting with his brothers. I loved that Carsen was sitting there with his little white bear tucked under his arm.
When the kids get ahold of the camera these are the kind of pictures we find They are very proud of their creations with the Legos. Which is great with me, I know from my own brothers what crazy pictures we can expect to find on our camera once they are teenagers!
We actually got alot more done this weekend, like haircuts! We were losing all the boys under mop tops, so now we can see how cute they really are. Tanner likes his hair combed like his Daddy these days, and likes to put the product in himself (which usually results in a gel glob in the middle of his head that is hard to spread around.) Carsen could care less, he's just glad the haircut is over! Definitely something he gets from his old man.
Tanner gave a great talk in Primary today about following the prophet, and he helped write it himself. He got up and read it himself too, he's getting to be a really good reader. He likes to help Jeremy and me read the scriptures every night before bed, and inevitably chooses the longest verses to read. He's quite confident. But we don't want to tell him no-you can't read that well, or -no, you can't read the scriptures- so some nights, the bed time routine takes a little longer than we would like. But what do ya do?
And a final note-Jeremy wins the great husband award for the weekend. He was up early and out the door by 8:00 a.m. He took the kids Saturday morning to help deap clean the chapel with the rest of the ward, and to let me sleep in. After working at the church for several hours, they went and got breakfast. Then they stopped and cleaned the office-which meant I didn't have to waddle around, mopping the floors there. NICE! Then they went to the library and found some books and movies. All together that meant I had a nice morning to sleep and relish in some quite time all by myself, in fact, Jeremy didn't come home until 2:00 p.m. Beat that ladies. (Although, that might be the last time for a while.) Jeremy got a short break because later he took them to the park while I went to a baby shower. More good quality time with the boys, and they ate it all up. They LOVE their dad! So high fives to Jeremy-yes Andy and Melanie-we do them too. What a great hubby!
4 comments:
Wow! What grown up boys. I have to say that Tanner looks like his daddy with his new hair style. And Carsen looks so grown up too. I'm lonesome.
Ummm... still waiting for a MegaBelly shot...
You are way too gorgeous and happy-looking to be so pregnant! Your kids adorable. Fun to see! Love you.
Lucky girl!!!
Post a Comment