Tuesday, April 29, 2008

They totally redeem themselves

There are moments during the week when I think-"If I just go back to bed it will all go away." Children are a blessing, and they are CRAZY! However, there are those moments when they totally redeem themselves, and then you know you it's definitely worthwhile.



The kids know the drill when we get home from church: take your church clothes off and lay them out nicely so they can be hung in the closet. Well, Carsen didn't quite make it to his room to do it this last Sunday. He was quietly working, and when he was done he pronounced,"Look, I made me on the stairs!"



Later that night, we sent the boys upstairs to get PJ's on. Tanner is always quite prompt when asked to do something. Carsen wagers whether it's going to be too much work or not, and then will saunter up to obey. By the time we got Carsen to go upstairs, Tanner was changed and already reading the scriptures by himself for bed. Now that is a good boy!

5 comments:

andrea said...

Is that "Flat Carsen"? What a character. And that Tanner.......he's precious.
As I was cleaning out the beach house over the weekend, I ran onto the driftwood he brought from the ocean. I asked Granpa C, "Do you want to through this away?"
He said, "Yes."
I said, "Don't you want to know what it is? This is what Tanner brought in very excitedly and said,
"Grammie, look what I found for our beach house." The driftwood is at home safe in Culpeper.
Hang in there Shelly.

andrea said...

It appears among other things that I have lost my ability to spell.

Proud Momma said...

WOw, our boys are very alike! Drew my oldest is pretty prompt to be obedient too and Brayden is SO slow in everything he does...he just enjoys every single minute of life and doesn't rush it at all! I think everybody has the same church clothes rule, my boys usually start in the car though...the tie comes off immediately!

Lyf2.0 said...

That is too cute...

...and...

I am hereby predicting Emery's arrival of May 6. So get ready.

Lynne said...

Shelley,
Your boys are so cute and clever. The things they say and do crack me up!! Can't wait to hear about your new arrival!